If you have done an outstanding project, we want to hear about it. Affordable Housing Finance is searching for the best affordable housing projects in the nation that were completed in 2012 or will be completed in 2013.
The ninth annual Readers' Choice Awards will honor the top developments in nine different categories.
• Family (more than 50 percent of the units are for families)
• Historic Rehab
• Preservation of Assisted Housing
• Rural (in a place with fewer than 25,000 inhabitants)
All questions on the nomination form must be completed, and you must submit a detailed list of the project’s sources and uses of funds as well as photos or renderings. You are encouraged to answer the questions as thoroughly as possible. You may attach additional pages and information for your nomination. The deadline is March 29, 2013.
The finalists will be selected by the editors of AHF. We will select finalists based on our assessment of these project characteristics:
• Impact on the community by adding substantially to the affordable housing stock or improving the immediate social or economic fabric;
• Role in overall community revitalization or social change;
• Sets a new standard or pioneers a new method (taps new funding sources; demonstrates new efficiency in capital costs and/or maintenance/operating costs, etc.);
• Employs cost-effective or innovative design and/or construction, including energy efficiency and sustainable development;
• Offers outstanding social services for tenants;
• Received broad community support, including state and local government financial assistance;
• Addresses a unique challenge;
• Demonstrates creative problem-solving; and
• Evidence of cost-effectiveness, i.e., producing housing at substantially below-market rents or home prices, at a reasonable subsidy per unit.
The finalists will be published in the July/August 2013 issue; Affordable Housing Finance magazine and newsletter subscribers as of July 1, 2013, will then vote for the winner in each category, with the winners published in the November/December 2013 issue. The winners also will be presented with awards at AHF Live: The Affordable Housing Developers’ Summit, Nov. 20-22, 2013, in Chicago.
For more information, please e-mail email@example.com.
2013 Readers' Choice Form Downloads