With more than 46,000 affordable housing units, The Michaels Organization again has captured the No. 1 spot on Affordable Housing Finance’s upcoming list of top 50 owners.
The Marlton, N.J.–based company owns 355 affordable housing communities across the country and has held the No. 1 spot on the owners list since it debuted in 2007.
Here’s a look at the top 10 owners based on the number of affordable housing units owned as of Jan. 1.
- The Michaels Organization: 46,405
- Related Affordable: 26,263
- Pinnacle Family of Cos.: 19,443
- GHC Housing Partners: 19,335
- Dominium: 18,133
- Mercy Housing: 17,787
- Volunteers of America: 17,676
- National Church Residences: 17,416
- Highridge Costa Cos.: 15,955
- Hunt Cos.: 15,946
Look for the full AHF 50 list in the April/May issue, which will be arriving in mailboxes and on www.housingfinance.com in the coming weeks. The results are based on a survey of 102 firms conducted earlier this year.